Skin – Let it glow
Tips for youthful and radiant skin
Mirror mirror on the wall who’s the fairest of them all? The young glowing one of course! The most sought-after elixir throughout generations is one that prevents aging and keeps us looking youthful and radiant. Our skin is the base of our entire look and if our skin is beautiful, we feel beautiful. No matter how much makeup we wear, it’s what underneath that counts. Look no further for some top tips on how to keep your skin stunning.
- Water water water: it seems way too easy but increasing your water intake increases your glow. Hydrating your skin from the inside out will keep your skin healthy, moisturised and will flush out toxins that aren’t good for you.
- Beauty sleep: this term has a source. Another natural way to keep your skin healthy is to get enough sleep each night. This not only improves your mood and energy levels but prevents dry and worn out looking skin with black rings around the eyes. Sleep is an opportunity for you mind, body and of course your skin to restore itself. If you struggle with sleep try including some natural remedies in your routine such as chamomile tea before bed, lavender spray on your cushion or even just meditate.
- Let off some steam: every so often, before washing your face, hold your face over a steaming basin of water. The heat brings the impurities to the surface and opens the pores allowing the cleanser to reach even deeper inside the skin and ridding the impurities for good.
- Keep it clean: Now that we have the natural remedies out of the way. Your beauty regime is your opportunity to pamper yourself day and night. Here are some important steps to include in this important ritual-
Cleanser- The next important aspect of glowing skin is using the correct cleanser for your skin type and having a rigid beauty regime where you wash your face up to twice a day. Check under the “skin type” category to find the perfect product for you. We love Matis Response Delicate Cleansing Cream which leaves sensitive skin smooth, velvety and make up free.
Exfoliator- Another vital addition to your beauty regime is a gentle exfoliator to remove dead skin cells and keep your skin fresh and new. Matis Response Jeunesse Youth Grain Exfoliator is a favourite
Toner- a brilliant toner is the perfect finish for your cleansing routine. It makes you look dewy and gives a literal glow while also prepping your skin for anything else you plan to put on it. Matis Response Corrective Hyaluronic Performance Toner does the job.
- Crème de la crème: Next step in the pampering process is moisturiser. Now that you’ve cleaned and prepped your skin, it’s time to hydrate it from the outside in. There is a large range moisturisers so you can choose one to suit your skin be it dry, oily or combination. Luma Base Perfecting Priming Moisturiser is a two in one moisturiser and primer with healing and anti- aging properties leaving your skin glowing and even. Plus, it’s also cruelty- free.
Aside from the basic moisturiser there is also a variety of eye creams and serums which are the final touch in maintaining youthful and glowing radiant skin.
- Sun protection: one glow that you want to avoid is the glow from the sun. A sunburnt and raw look is definitely not what you are going for. Too much sun also ages your skin by inducing dark spots and early onset wrinkles. Apply sun cream every day regardless of whether it is rain, shine, winter or summer to ensure your youthful skin lasts longer. Matis Response Soleil Sun Protection Cream SPF50 is an excellent choice!
- Bonus tip: treat yourself to the odd facial for some real pampering or even invest in a home face- mask which is not only fantastic for your skin but enforces some relax time in a busy schedule bringing on a holistic glow.